BUK Original - Gluten Free/Grain Free
BUK Original (Gluten-free & Grain free)
Ingredients: organic sprouted buckwheat, filtered reverse osmosis water, organic flax seed, organic dates, organic cassava flour, organic extra virgin olive oil, organic apple cider vinegar, organic raisins, yeast, organic cultured buckwheat, psyllium husks, sunflower lecithin, sea salt, vitamin C.
The Good Stuff:
- All natural preservative system
- 22 g* of Sprouted Buckwheat
- 5 g* of Fiber (Good Source of Fiber, 18% DVI)
- 5 g* of Protein (Good Source of Protein, 10% DVI)
- Rich in Vitamin C (100 mg*)
- 1000 mg* Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- 1.0 g* Monounsaturated Fat
- 10+ day Shelf Life***
Description: Our "Original Gluten-Free Grain-Free Bread" is a great tasting bread, uniquely made with sprouted buckwheat groats. It has been specifically formulated to have less sugar and salt than most comparable gluten bread and considerably more protein than most gluten-free bread. Net Weight: 2 LBS, Servings: 16 slices, Serving Size: 57g = one slice, See additional information and footnotes below.
8.6% of our Original's total calories come from sugars from raisins and dates, That's It.
What about Bad Stuff & Allergens?
- Low in Sodium (140mg*).
- Low in Saturated Fat (0.5g*)
- No Xanthan Gum or other strange gums or emulsifiers; No Dairy or Soy; No Nuts, Peanuts, or Wheat; No Artificial Preservatives; No Cane Sugar, Beet Sugar, Molasses, or Fructose Syrups; 0g* Cholesterol; 0g* Trans Fat.
- Contains Buckwheat.
Important Nutritional Footnotes & Disclosures
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
* All amounts are for a single 57g slice of bread serving.
** Sugar Calorie Disclosure. This bread has 8.6 % of total calories from sugar. BUK Foods has made a commitment to promote good health and nutrition, we go to great lengths to develop and distribute great tasting food products with the least amount of sugar. We only use whole fruit,
Shelf Life. 10 days at room temp. Up to 30 days refrigerated. 6 months frozen. Ojai Natural Foods' gluten-free products are formulated with natural ingredients to achieve a relatively long shelf-life and do so without a lot of salt (sodium) or any artificial additives.
Fatty Acids. 32% of the calories from our Original - Gluten Free Bread are from Fat. This percentage is "in-line" with the 35% target for fats implied by FDA 2018 nutritional guidelines for macronutrients. BUK Foods Breads are formulated with the following guiding principles - first, to be "Low in Saturated Fats" as such term is used and regulated by the FDA, and second, for the majority of the fats in our products to be a combination of mono-unsaturated and omega-3 fatty acids.
Analysis of Protein. 14% of the calories in our Original - Gluten Free Bread are from proteins. While this protein-calorie percentage is in-line with gluten wheat-based bread,
- Gluten-Free. Consistent with FDA guidance, our gluten-free products contain less the 10 parts per million of gluten.
- FDA Regulated Food Claim. "Good source of" means that a serving will provide 10% or more of the FDA recommended daily amount of the referenced nutrient.
- Low in Sodium. This BUK Foods bread qualifIes for the FDA regulated nutritional claim - "low in sodium."