BUK Foods - Honey Nut - Gluten-free Grain free
100% Grain-Free / 100% Gluten-free
Product Net weight = 2 LBS per loaf
Ingredients: organic sprouted buckwheat, filtered reverse osmosis water, organic flaxseed, organic almonds, organic honey, organic dates, organic buckwheat bran, organic extra virgin olive oil, organic apple cider vinegar, gluten-free yeast, organic raisins, organic cultured whole buckwheat, organic cassava flour, sunflower lecithin, psyllium husks, sea salt, vitamin C, organic almond extract.
Allergen Warning, Contains Almonds
Online Orders | Bread Care (10 days shelf life) (Due to variables in non-climate-controlled environments during shipping we reccomend the followng as best practices)
Ready to serve: (remove shrink wrap and store in pantry) Warm the bread before eating to soften bread and refridgerate bread after 3-4 days.
Refrigeration will preserve the bread longer (up to 2 weeks).
Freezing: Store your excess bread or buns In Original Packaging (or in a freezer bag) until ready to consume, remove shrink wrap and thaw in refrigerator overnight (or at room temperature for 2 hours).
The Good Stuff:
- All-natural preservatives
- 16 g* of Sprouted Whole Grain
- 5 g* of Fiber (Good Source of Fiber, 18% DVI)
- 5 g* of Protein (Good Source of Protein, 10% DVI)
- Rich in Vitamin C (100 mg*)
- 1000 mg* Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- 3.5 g* Monounsaturated Fat
- 10+ day Shelf Life***
Description: BUK Honey Nut is a great tasting Gluten-Free, Grain-Free bread uniquely made with sprouted buckwheat. It has been specifically formulated to have less sugar and salt than most comparable gluten bread and considerably more protein than most gluten-free bread. Net Weight: 2 LBS Servings: 16, Serving size 57 g
Sugar Calories**: 13.3% of our Honey Nut's total calories come from added sugar (honey and dates) That's It. Compare Dave's Killer Bread 21 Grain & Seed bread - the nation's best-selling organic bread, which has 16.7% of its total calories coming from total sugar.
What about Bad-Stuff & Allergens?
- No Xanthan Gum or other strange gums or emulsifiers; No Dairy or Soy; Peanuts, or Wheat; No Artificial Preservatives; No Cane Sugar, Beet Sugar, Molasses, or Fructose Syrups; 0 g* Cholesterol; 0 g* Trans Fat.
- Contains - Almonds, Buckwheat.
Important Nutritional Footnotes & Disclosures
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
* All amounts are for a single 57 g slice of bread serving.
*** Sugar Calorie Disclosure. This bread has 13.3 % of total calories from sugar versus 16.7% for "Dave's 21 Grain & Seed" and tastes fantastic. Ojai Natural Foods goes to great lengths to develop and distribute great tasting food products with the least amount of sugar.
*** Additional Product Disclosures
- Shelf Life. BUK Foods gluten-free products are formulated with natural ingredients to achieve a relatively long shelf-life and do so without a lot of salt (sodium) or any artificial additives. We use salt in our bread product for flavor and to assists with preservation but limit levels to qualify as low sodium.
- Fatty Acids. 30% of the calories from this gluten-free bread are from Fat. This percentage is slightly under the 35% target for fats implied by FDA 2018 nutritional guidelines for macronutrients. BUK Foods, like many others, believes that many of American's dietary issues with fats stem not so much from the consumption of too much fat, but from the excessive consumption of the wrong types of fats - mainly (a) saturated fats (found mainly in animal fats and dairy) and (b) certain polyunsaturated fatty acids found in a high percentage "modern vegetable oils" that are commonly used because they are cheap and have an unnaturally long shelf life. Many researchers believe there is nothing inherently dangerous about these polyunsaturated fats, provided they are balanced with other types of fatty acids. That is why BUK Gluten-Free Breads are formulated with the following guiding principals - first, to be "Low in Saturated Fats" as such term is used and regulated by the FDA, and second, for the majority of the fats in our products to be a combination of mono-unsaturated and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Analysis of Protein. 13.3% of the calories from this gluten-free bread are from Protein (5g per single slice serving). This protein-calorie percentage compares favorably to most gluten wheat-based bread but is twice the protein-calories percentage of Schars' Artisan Baker Multigrain Bread (a very popular GF bread) which has only 7% of its calories coming from protein.
- Gluten-Free. All of our ingredients are sourced from gluten-free certified compliant sources to contain less the 10 parts per million of gluten.