BUK Burger Buns - Black Sesame (4 buns)
Black Sesame Buns
GRAIN-FREE AND GLUTEN-FREE
Ingredients: Ingredients: sprouted organic buckwheat, filtered reverse osmosis water, organic flaxseed, organic dates, organic extra virgin olive oil, organic apple cider vinegar, organic cassava flour, organic raisins, yeast, cultured organic whole buckwheat, psyllium husks, sunflower lecithin, organic black sesame seed, sea salt, vitamin C.
The Good Stuff: per bun
- All-natural preservatives
- Sprouted Whole Buckwheat
- 10g* of Fiber (Good Source of Fiber, 18% DVI)
- 10g* of Protein (Good Source of Protein, 10% DVI)
- Rich in Vitamin C (100 mg*)
- 1000mg* Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- 1.0 g* Mono-unsaturated Fat
- 10+ day Shelf Life***
Description: Our black sesame bun is a great tasting gluten-free bun, uniquely made with sprouted whole buckwheat. It has been specifically formulated to have less sugar and salt than most comparable gluten bread and considerably more protein than most gluten-free bread. Net Weight: 15oz, Servings: 4, Size: 3.75oz, See additional information and footnotes below.
8.6% of our BUK Burger Buns total calories come from sugars from dates and raisins and do not have added sugars.
What about Bad Stuff & Allergens?
- Low in Sodium (140mg*). Note: Excessive salt consumption is a severe health problem amongst western consumers. See the discussion in the footnotes below.
- Low in Saturated Fat (0.5g*)
- No Xanthan Gum or other strange gums or emulsifiers; No Dairy or Soy; No Nuts, Peanuts, or Wheat; No Artificial Preservatives; No Cane Sugar, Beet Sugar, Molasses, or Fructose Syrups; 0g* Cholesterol; 0g* Trans Fat.
- Contains Buckwheat.
Important Nutritional Footnotes & Disclosures
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
* All amounts are for a single 120g BUN serving.
** Sugar Calorie Disclosure. This Bun has 8.6 % of total calories from sugars that are from hand made raisin and date paste.
Shelf Life. BUK Foods' gluten-free products are formulated with natural ingredients to achieve a relatively long shelf-life and do so without a lot of salt (sodium) or artificial additives. To address food safety and microbial concerns, we rely on (a) Vitamin C added at levels unheard of in gluten baking, (b) the antibacterial properties of certain short and medium-chain fatty acids naturally occurring in our ingredients, and (c) various organic acids naturally occurring in our ingredients like lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, cultured wheys and flours, and dried fruit like raisins and prunes. We use salt in our bread product for flavor and to assists with preservation but limit levels to qualify as low sodium.
Fatty Acids. 32% of the calories from our BUK Burger Buns- Gluten-Free Hamburger Buns are from Fat. This percentage is "in-line" with the 35% target for fats implied by FDA 2018 nutritional guidelines for macronutrients. BUK Foods, believes that many of American's dietary issues with fats stem not so much from the consumption of too much fat, but from the excessive consumption of the wrong types of fats - mainly (a) saturated fats (found mainly in animal fats and dairy) and (b) certain polyunsaturated fatty acids found in a high percentage "modern vegetable oils" that are commonly used because they are cheap and have an unnaturally long shelf life. Many researchers believe there is nothing inherently dangerous about these polyunsaturated fats, provided they are balanced with other types of fatty acids. That is why Buk Gluten-Free Breads are formulated with the following guiding principles - first, to be "Low in Saturated Fats" as such term is used and regulated by the FDA, and second, for the majority of the fats in our products to be a combination of mono-unsaturated and omega-3 fatty acids.
Analysis of Protein. 14% of the calories in our BUK Burger Buns - Gluten-Free Hamburger Buns are from proteins. While this protein-calorie percentage is in-line with gluten wheat-based bread, our bun has twice the protein-calories percentage of Schars' Artisan Baker Multigrain Bread (a very popular GF bread) which has only 7% of its calories coming from protein.
- Gluten-Free. Consistent with FDA guidance, our gluten-free products contain less the 10 parts per million of gluten.
- FDA Regulated Food Claim. "Good source of" means that a serving will provide 10% or more of the FDA recommended daily amount of the referenced nutrient.