BUK bread - Paleo Plus - Gluten-free Grain-free
Ingredients: organic sprouted buckwheat, reverse osmosis filtered water, organic flaxseed, organic dates, organic cassava flour, organic extra virgin olive oil, organic apple cider vinegar, yeast, organic raisins, organic coconut flour, organic cultured whole buckwheat, psyllium husks, sunflower lecithin, nutritional yeast, organic sunflower seeds, sea salt, vitamin C.
Online Orders | Bread Care (10 days shelf life) (Due to variables in non-climate-controlled environments during shipping we reccomend the followng as best practices)
Ready to serve: (remove shrink wrap and store in pantry) Warm the bread before eating to soften bread and refridgerate bread after 3-4 days.
Refrigeration will preserve the bread longer (up to 2 weeks).
Freezing: Store your excess bread or buns In Original Packaging (or in a freezer bag) until ready to consume, remove shrink wrap and thaw in refrigerator overnight (or at room temperature for 2 hours).
The Good Stuff:
- All-natural preservative system
- 22g* of Sprouted Buckwheat Seed
- 5g* of Fiber (Good Sources of Fiber @18% of the DVI)
- 5g* of Protein (Good Source of Protein at 10% of the DVI)
- 5g* of Fat
- Rich in Vitamin C (100 mg*)
- 750mg* Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- 2.0g* Mono-unsaturated Fat
- 10+ day Shelf Life***
Description: Our Paleo bread is a great tasting paleo-compliant gluten-free bread uniquely made with sprouted buckwheat seed. It has been specifically formulated to have less sugar and salt than most comparable gluten bread and considerably more protein than most gluten-free bread. Net Weight: 2lb, Servings: 16, Size: 57g
Sugar Calories**: 10.7% of our Paleo's total calories come from sugar from raisin and dates. Compare Dave's Killer Bread 21 Grain & Seed bread - the nation's best-selling organic bread which has 16.7% of its total calories coming from sugar from cane sugar and molasses. Calorie for calorie, the Original has 36% fewer calories from sugar.
What about Bad-Stuff & Allergens?
- Low in Sodium (140mg*). Note: Excessive salt consumption is a serious health problem among western consumers. See the discussion in the footnotes below.
- Low in Saturated Fat (0.5g*)
- No Xanthan Gum or other strange gums or emulsifiers; No Dairy or Soy; No Tree Nuts, Peanuts, or Wheat; No Artificial Preservatives; No Cane Sugar, Beet Sugar, Molasses, or Fructose Syrups; 0g* Cholesterol; 0g* Trans Fat.
- Contains - Buckwheat.
Important Nutritional Footnotes & Disclosures
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
* All amounts are for a single 57g slice of bread serving.
*** Sugar Calorie Disclosure. This bread has 10.7 % of total calories from sugar versus 16.7% for "Dave's 21 Grain & Seed" and still tastes fantastic.
*** Additional Product Disclosures
- Shelf Life. Ojai Natural Foods' gluten-free products are formulated with natural ingredients to achieve a relatively long shelf-life and do so without a lot of salt (sodium) or artificial additives.
- Fatty Acids. 30% of the total calories from this gluten-free bread are from fat, which is slightly under the 35% target for fats implied by FDA 2018 nutritional guidelines for macronutrients.
- Analysis of Protein. 13.3% of the calories from this gluten-free bread are from Protein (5g per single slice serving). This protein-calorie percentage compares favorably to most gluten wheat-based bread.
- Gluten-Free. Consistent with FDA guidance, our gluten-free products contain less the 10 parts per million of gluten.
- FDA Regulated Food Claim. "Good source of" means that a serving will provide 10% or more of the FDA recommended daily amount of the referenced nutrient.
- California residents. Click here for Prop 65 warning.
- Low in Sodium. This bread, like most all Ojai Natural Foods' bread qualify for the FDA, regulated nutritional claim - "low in sodium."
- Grains, Pseudograins, & Sprouting. In the Paleo world, traditional cereal grains are highly disfavored because they contain (a) gluten and (b) phytic acids. Our Paleo bread is made not with a traditional grain but with pseudo-grains and oilseeds that do not contain gluten and have been soaked and sprouted, a process known to dramatically reduce phytic acid.